- Programming Quick Reference Guide-English
- Vocabulary Quick Reference Guide-English
- Programming Quick Reference Guide-Spanish
- Vocabulary Quick Reference Guide-Spanish
- First Steps To Set Up
- Making It Personal Planner
- LAMP Words For Life User Guide-English
- LAMP Words For Life User Guide-Spanish
- LAMP Words For Life User Guide-Canadian French
- Vocabulary Quick Reference Guide-Canadian French
- Programming Quick Reference Guide-Canadian French
- Vocabulary Files
- Copying A Vocabulary File So It Can Be Modified
- Making A Backup Or Transferring Your Vocabulary File
- Converting Files From Accent NuVoice Software
- Working with Pages
- Blocking And Restoring Access To Editing Menus
- Choosing A Voice
- Changing button function to accommodate motor control difficulties
- How To Disable/Enable Screen Rotation
- I Forgot My Menu Passcode
- Edit Pronunciation
- My App Isn't Working Properly
- LAMP WFL System Requirements
Tracking Language Data
Turning Data Logging ON
- Select the Menu button.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down to the Data Logging section and slide Enable Logging to ON. Keystrokes and words spoken are now copied to a single file called logFile.rft
Creating a Privacy Password
Data logging provides the option to create a privacy password to protect the data you collect agains unauthroized access.
- Under Data Logging, tap the Privacy Password field.
- Type the password you want to use and select Done. The Confirm New Privacy Password prompt will be displayed.
- Type your password again and select Enter.
- Select OK.
How to Access the Language Data
There are two ways to read and analyze the data collected. Via iTunes, you can obtain a text file which is a chronological log of keystrokes and words spoken. Realize Language is a subscription service website where data can be automatically uploaded to your account and analyzed for you in graphs and charts.
Copying a log file to a computer using iTunes
- Connect your iPad to your computer and run the iTunes software.
- On your iTunes software, tap on the device and go to the Apps section.
- From the tabs along the top of the right-hand window, select the Apps tag.
- Scroll down until you see LAMP Words for Life in the File Sahring area.
- Highlight the logFile.lam file that you want to save to your computer
- Click Save To on the bottom right. A Windows save box will open. Select the folder in which you want the file saved. Right-click the file, select Rename, and type the filename extension .txt in place of .lam
Uploading and analyzing Data with Realize Language
- Create a Realize Langauge account at www.realizelanguage.com.
- From the WFL app, select Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll dwon to the Data Logging section and select Realize Language Setup and sign into your account.
- Select the Current Person you are collecting data on OR Select the blank field then the plus symbol (+) to add a person.
- As long as you have a Wi-Fi connection, data will be uploaded automatically every 24 hours. At any time, you may choose the Update Now button to perrom an immediate upload.
- You can review reports online.
You can’t link one iPad to multiple people on a Realize account simultaneously. If you are using a device for evaluation purposes and sharing it between several clients, the data collected will include all the words used by all the clients. It’s therefore recommended that you have one client use a particular iPad. You can link one person to multiple devices with a Realize Language account. For example, if John Smith uses an iPad at school, another at home and a PRC Accent at other times, you can link all of these devices to John’s account.