- LAMP Word For Life Users Guide
- Programming Quick Reference Guide
- Vocabulary Quick Reference Guide
- Programming Quick Reference Guide - Spanish
- Vocabulary Quick Reference Guide - Spanish
- Vocabulary Files
- Copying A Vocabulary File So It Can Be Modified
- Making A Backup Or Transferring Your Vocabulary File
- Converting Files From Accent NuVoice Software
- Working with Pages
- Blocking And Restoring Access To Editing Menus
- Choosing A Voice
- Changing button function to accommodate motor control difficulties
- How To Disable/Enable Screen Rotation
- I Forgot My Menu Passcode
- Edit Pronunciation
- My App Isn't Working Properly
Using The LAMP Words For Life App To Make Facetime Calls
- You must have version 2.23 or later of the LAMP WFL app, and your device must be running iOS 13 or later.
- You and each person you call must have a FaceTime account.
To select your phone voice:
You must select a voice to be used for phone calls.
- In the LAMP WFL Settings, in the Speech section, select Phone/FaceTime Voice to open a list of available voices. The voice currently selected displays a checkmark.
- To change the voice, select the icon to hear how a voice sounds.
- When you find the voice you want, select the icon to download and install it.
To make a phone call:
- On your device, open the LAMP WFL app.
- Open the FaceTime app and select the person you want to call.
- When the person you are calling answers, switch to the LAMP WFL app to start speaking.
- When you are finished talking, switch to FaceTime and end the call.
- Close FaceTime.When you are finished talking, switch to FaceTime and end the call.
Note: Only the person on the other end of the call will hear the voice from the LAMP Words for Life app during the call. If you want to see words highlighted in the SDB as they are spoken during the call, select that option in settings.
Highlighting Words as They are Spoken during a Call
- Choose Menu> Settings and scroll to the Speech Display Bar section.
- Select Highlight Color Phone/FaceTime. The setting OFF and a list of colors opens.
- Choose a color. The selected color appears in the setting.
- Select Done.
- As you select words during a call, they are highlighted one at a time in the SDB in the color you selected.